Saturday, April 16, 2011

WOW. Time to play catch up. (Don't worry... it'll be the abridged version).

SO... I went back to the doctor and weighed in at 143... (my trusty calculator reminded me that I've gained 35 pounds...) I go back to the doctor on TUESDAY with the comfort of knowing its CHECKING time. (If you don't know what that means... consider yourself VERY lucky... the doctor tries to grab your tonsils from the other end of the body.. in a nutshell) ANYWAY- I am NOT excited about that... I figure that I'll KNOW when Brighton's on his way out because either a ton of fluid will fall out of me OR contractions will hit and send me to the emergency room just for the epidural ALONE... so I've really thought about playing hooky and forgoing all of my apts until I go in for the finish. Because... they don't GIVE you medicine before they go to jabbing to Tim-Buck-Two with their hands and it is NOT comfortable! And I'm a little terrified... its worse REMEMBERING what it is like then going in completely oblivious. And all they can tell me is.. "Hmm... looks like NOTHING is happening... but the good news is... i'll be searching up in ya' again NEXT week!" ugh... I get a stomach ache just THINKING about SIX weeks of pregnancy. And SIX weeks of doctor's apts. And SIX weeks of WAITING for the inevitable... LABOR... I might need one of those RELAX pills. I am KIND of freaking out now that the end is in sight... Oh... actually... its FIVE weeks away. DANG! that means that Jesse's baby will be here in TWO weeks or less... funny. That doesn't stress me out nearly as much. lol

I feel so unprepared. We haven't set up Brighton's bassinet in our room. And I haven't taken all the pink ribbons off of the car seats and strollers. And I haven't finished Brighton's room...NOT that any of that is ESSENTIAL... it would just make me feel a little more prePARED.

You want a glimpse of what I HAVE done?? If you haven't heard of nesting... well... here's some pics that might demonstrate...

I tried to wait on Starling to help me... I did... but he's so busy and I'm so IMPATIENT and Brighton's so... ALMOST HERE that I just took EVERYTHING out of the play room and moved it to OTHER places and NOW I can see what I'm working with. A big ole' empty room. I'm now back to waiting. Starling has to put up the bunk beds and be my furniture rearranger so I can say, "Let's try this here.. NOPE. THere... NOPE move it there... NOPE... ya know... i liked it better the first place we tried it." And so on with the twenty things that need to fit up in that room. Starling did put up all the base board in the red room! and we've since moved everything back to its original position and I cleaned it up so its not looking a hot mess... BUT Brooklyn's room remains the same... I moved all her toys to the red room though so she has plenty of play space.

I've also been cooking! Granted... it meals like Pork-n-beans and weanies, corn (out of a can), green beans (out of a can), and mac-n-cheese (out of a box... and things such as THAT, but its a BIG step up from cereal! Brooklyn helped me cook stuffed crescent rolls... well... helped with the cheese clean-up anyway.

Brooklyn has also been begging DESPERATELY for some "birf-day take!" so I finally broke down and made her one... even though its NOT yet her birthday...

And... Starling bought Brooklyn the most WONDERFUL thing that can be bought for an almost two year old OBSESSED with going for a "ru-i-i-i-de" on her Daddy's motorcycle or four-wheeler... a HELMET. Starling gave it to her and told her that he'd take her on his motorcycle the next day when he got home from school. WELL he didn't get home until TEN thirty AT NIGHT (even though he was GOING to be home at SIX) and despite that little DARK and LATE factor... when Brooklyn heard Starling's motorcycle roar into the breezeway... honey, I've never seen such a scurry to get down from her booster seat and RUN as fast as her little chubby legs could go to find her helmet. She met him at the door with her helmet on her head, her hands raised high, and yelling at the top of her lungs, "HEY DADDY!!! WANNA GO FOR A RU-I-I-DE!!!" Like he could tell that little grasshopper NO... So I grabbed Charkley and we went on a little family ride around the neighborhood. (Yes. All of our neighbors appreciated it... the loud rumbling of a motorcycle going UP and DOWN the road ten times...). But it made Brooklyn happy and sometimes I choose her over other people... some STRANGE partialness... I don't know...
Isn't she cute in her helmet.. OH and her SHADES...

No comments:

Post a Comment