Friday, April 22, 2011

Play Date at the Pool

I think all present would agree that this should be a mandatory part of motherhood- PLAY dates- of course- but POOLSIDE... sOOOoo much better than inside. Pros- Get a tan while you gab! Kids can get covered in orange and whatever food and its OUTSIDE so WHO cares! Wipe off the sticky when you DUNK em'. Cleanup? NOT much of one! No prep cleaning EITHER. Plus the fresh air was exhuberant!

We all packed a lunch and got our munch on while completely relaxing... I could just live outside all summer (as long as I have cold water to dip in and I only have to wear a swimsuit). The kiddos had a ball, too. They especially enjoyed our discussion on how to get your kids to swim. Throw them in and let them flounder? DUNK them head first? Everyone was scared to dunk their little ones, so I demonstrated on an unsuspecting Brooklyn what I'd been told to do. She looked at me like I had given my mind up in exchange for a pork-n-bean. BUT, she didn't cry and she didn't get water up her nostrils. So then everyone let ME try it on their kid. lol- Let me be the MEAN one! None of them cried. They just looked startled and a little shocked. (But the water was 5 degrees- a deLIGHTful 5 degrees in the 123 degree sunshine). I got some cute pics!

And the preggers...
And the girls with babies who will be preggers soon. hehe- they'll love that!
And just the rest of the pics.

2 comments:

  1. i was so nervous to look at the pics on this post, so glad you didn't put one on here of me that looks horrible! everyone looks so cute and summery, i love it! are you ready to add two newborns to the mix?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you could even LOOK horrible in a picture. I don't believe you're capable. And I'm ready for two newborns to be OUT but as far as adding them to the mix?? I kind of see all the freedom I've been enjoying flopping out the window like a dead fish. BUT- it'll be wonderful... lol

    ReplyDelete