Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm really sad. Not one person has contacted me for my milk. :( My only talent could very possibly go to waste. WHAT a shame.

BUT, moving along to happier notes, we HAD a 2nd Birthday Party for BROOKLYN! (only a month late... good thing she is TOO young to notice)... It was last minute (as in my Mom called me on a Thursday and said, "We'll be home from Destin this weekend. Are you having Brooklyn's birthday this Saturday?" and I had NO PLANS to... but said, "Yes. Yes we are.") And then I started texting a few people... got distracted... and never finished texting people and the poor people who don't HAVE texting just straight got left out.

NONE the LESS... the few people that GOT the text and had no plans came and it was a fun little shin-dig. There was cake. There were balloons. There were presents. AND people. That was pretty much all Brooklyn CARED about sooooo... I didn't stress about it too much.

I DID, however, have to call my mom to pick Brooklyn up Saturday morning because she was grating my nerves like CHEESE and I was having a REALLY difficult time cleaning and decorating for a child I wanted to beat. (She wasn't even being a terd... she just wouldn't stop TALKING and every time I'd attempt to clean something up, she'd attempt to REASON with me why her toys didn't NEED to be on the shelf. "MoMMAY!" she yelled from the other end of the house. "We HAFTA READ thi-is BOOK!" and then she came barreling down the hall with an arm load of books I had JUST put on her book shelf. So I moved on to putting away dishes. "OH!" she exclaimed. And as I put one of MY forks in the dishwasher, my eyes widened as I saw a bunch of pink and white forks in the dishwasher. I grabbed Brooklyn as she tried to put the REST of HER dishes in my dishwasher. That all happened before 8:30 a.m.). Brighton was ALSO being uncharacteristically grunty. He just wanted to be held. I fed him. I fed him again. I burped him a couple times. He pooped and finally fell asleep. Brooklyn went to my mom's and Brighton slept until the birthday party at two.

Starling, of COURSE, decided he could squeeze some house showings in before Brooklyn's party. I told him, "Fine, but BE BACK BY TWO." Was he? No. He got home a quarter to THREE. So guess who had to cook the hot dogs? yah. ME. So did we have yummy grilled wienies? No. We had nasty boiled ones. He did DARE to complain, but quickly recoiled his statement about the wienies not being grilled when he saw the fire blaze out of my eyeballs.

Another small dilemma I ran into... BRANIAC WENDI set Brooklyn's birthday party at TWO which is her NAP TIME... and, more importantly, MY nap time. So JUST as the party got started... I got started with the yawns and the droopy eyes... but I perked back up once I had a couple hot dogs in me and a pile of bbq chips.

I finally remembered to get my camera out and document my child's second birthday.








No comments:

Post a Comment