Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hub Fest Hotties

Its always nice to go out with the girls. ALTHOUGH... I have to second guess a bunch of prego's taking their children to Hub Fest... It SOUNDED like a good idea... until we got there and were surrounded by a million people, their pit bulls, and Great Dane dogs. We had to wobble single file with our strollers and even then we were moving like snails. I don't know that we even got CLOSE enough to the booths to see what was for sale inside of them... but we managed a little fun anyway. The SHED had a great big jumpy thing that our girls LOVED.
They didn't exactly understand the "wait your turn" part (bc only 2 kids could jump at a time) but they were pretty patient.
We had Alayna, Brooklyn, Layla, Elyse, Gabriel, and then all the Mommies... Nancy, Katie, Stephi, Jessi, and me.
FINALLY the girls got to jump. And BOY was it fun!
We also found every pregnant woman's dream... FREE PICKLES and water at the Salvation Army or Red Cross Booth... I didn't pay too much attention to the name... just the WATER that we were DYING for and the crunchy pickle that was MARVELOUS to my taste buds. I did go prepared (I thought!) with Brooklyn a sippy full of water and my GIANT Chic Filet cup full of water. However... I'd drank all of my water on the ride from my house TO downtown Hattiesburg. (I'm like a dang camel filling up... I need a LOT of liquid).
We told our girls we would take them for snow cones or ice cream or ANYTHING other than Hub Fest... So we went to leave. AND we saw a giant water fountain and couldn't pass it up. We sat around the fountain and stuck our feet in. (I know. VERY sanitary. DON'T JUDGE). The ICE water was WONDERFUL. It numbed my throbbing feet and lowered my entire body temp down to BURNING HOT instead of FIRE ABLAZED.


Our little ones begged for snow cones ALL the way back to Oak Grove. When we FINALLY got to Connie Cones... guess what? ALL crashed babies snoozing away. We debated rather or not to wake them because truthfully... us moms wanted to eat the snow cone more than the kids... BUT I felt bad about telling Brooklyn I'd get her one and then not coming throuh... SO I woke her. Disoriented and wobbly she popped up at the sound of "snow cone" and devoured it quickly. I had the lemonaide snow cone. SOOO good. I could get a giant SONIC cup full of that and drink it for the rest of the summer. I'm actually making my mouth water thinking of it... and that's not good bc Connie Cones is already closed for the day. Country Time will have to suffice.
THEN I took Brooklyn to my parents house for a cook-out and ate enough food to stuff a horse. We listened to my Dad and Uncle Jack tell us of their childhood discipline stories. And BOY did they have some good ONES! I guess all of our granparents would be in jail if they'd had the same laws back in the day as they do now. But I do like the idea of birthing your own labor force... If I actually do keep my word to Starling and suffer through THREE more pregnancies... I could get a lot of housework done if each kid had tons of chores... although I don't know how much money you save growing your own maids and landscapers... they cost alot in FooD and ClOtHes... But its a THOUGHT! Brooklyn IS a good little helper...the only problem is all the messes she cleans up SHE made. AnD she always asks for my HELP. She's a little OCD. Today she said, "Mommee... I need a nap-tin... Sketti O's and Beep balls made a mess." AND boy HAD they! Those little sticky things had attacked Brooklyn's face, arms, legs, stomach, booster seat, floor, Charkley's HEAD... And she HATES being dirty. She was not content until it was ALL cleaned up and she'd had a bath. (She gets one everytime she eats if she feeds herself).
ANYWAY- it was a fun day. AND I slept good... once I got back home. I fell asleep at my parents house and Starling said I was chewing him out for trying to wake me... SO what does he do? Keeps Karoake Singing then lays down beside me until I wake up at 1:30a.m. wondering WHY in the HECK I am crammed between my husband and some body pillow thing (which was the back of a futon) and wondering where on earth I was and why Brooklyn wasn't kicking me in the stomach. So we gathered our child and I drove home in probably the most ORNERY mood I've been in this month. I was SO mad that I was awake and even more mad that I'd fallen asleep and still the mOST mad that Starling didn't take me home at a reasonable hour. (Of course... he would have had to CARRY me down stairs and stuck me in the van WHILE being kicked and punched and chewed out.. so I KIND of see his reasoning in choosing NOT to take that route. KIND of).

1 comment:

  1. what a hot day that was! connie cones made hub fest all worth it to me. cute pics... i love how we're all prego! something fun to look back on!

    ReplyDelete