Tuesday, March 8, 2011

too much poop

Today I had to run some errands so I got up early (Mission impossible ACCOMPLISHED... though I won't pretend it was easy getting up at six after Brooklyn woke up at 3:30 and had diarrea and then decided she didn't want to go back to bed). Daddy got up with her mostly, but Brooklyn still came to tell me she wanted to watch Dora, then Callou, then Barney... even though her Daddy was sitting next to her on the couch. I love that I have to ALWAYS be the middle man on ALL things no matter that Brooklyn has to run WAY out of her way to tell me. (WITH the exception of candy... she skips me bc I say no and goes straight to the YES source).

When my alarm had THREE dilectible minutes LEFT before sounding, Brooklyn announced "Mommay! I need a wipe." "What for?" I moaned seriously UNBELIEVING that I was AGAIN being woken up. She got more frantic, "Mommeee!! I need a wi-ipe!" "UGHGHGH!" I groaned none to happy and none to subtle about expressing my JOY. I gave her a wipe, well more like slung it in her general direction, mouthed off to Starling who was back in the bed with the covers pulled over his ears snoring, and started chewing out the shower curtain for being in my path to the shower. Brooklyn just stood at the bathroom door watching me curiously. She stopped whining entirely and was probably debating whether or not I had finally lost my marbles. When I'd finished yanking off my clothes and slamming them with as much energy as I could muster into the clothes hamper, I turned to see that Brooklyn had taken two steps forward.

She looked like she wanted to say something so I tried to ask UN-angrily, "What do you need Brooklyn?" She eyed me for a bit, then decided to take a chance on me still being sane. "Want take a bath wif Mommy," she whispered. "Ok" I smiled, forcefully trying to take the frost out of my tone. She's so darn cute that she melted me pretty quick. I was already in the shower so I just reached out to help her remove her clothes.

She handed me the wipe, which confused me, until I lowered her pants. "STARLING!!!! STARLING!!! I know you can HEAR ME! STOP pretending to be ASLEEP!!" I shouted. More POOP draining down her leg. Brooklyn joined me, "Star-WING!!! WAKED UP!!! NEED HE-ELP!"

"UHGHG" came the reply from the bedroom. But at least he'd made a response. He FINALLY dragged out of bed and cleaned her up and handed her to me. I showered us quickly. She didn't want out. She wanted to color. (She has colors for the tub. and yes, my tub is beautiful). I let the tub fill and got ready.

"Mommee...!!" came a panicked cry. "Mommeee! Want out!" I went and looked and SURE enough. MORE POOP!!! "STARLING!!! WAKE UP!!! I'm running late! You're going to have to take care of that. Just throw her in the other tub!"

He finally gave up on recouping any of his sleep (which is only fair that we both suffer) and bathed AND dressed her. (i guess he wanted to get it all over with).

ANYWAY- I took Brooklyn with me and we successfully reached our destination (with only three phone calls for directions). Of course, when I tried to come home, I went the wrong way (SURPRISE!) and ended up near my cousins house so I called to see if she was home. She said she was and I said, "Great! I'm on your door step! I didn't want to come without a heads up!"

She has a 5 month old baby, Madison, that is now sitting up! She's a doll (the exACT prototype that I THOUGHT I was going to have- tan, dark brown hair, dark eyes... but i got a blond hair blue eyed youngin from WHO knows where... but we'll keep her anyway). I was curious to see Brooklyn interact with her since most all of Brooklyn's friends are older.

(its thundering right now at my house and Brooklyn keeps jumping away from the window saying, "mommy. WOE." and Charkley is trying to dig his way under my butt, not that its budging, and shaking like a pair of dentures in a 98 year old woman's mouth. its cracking me up. I hope my computer and netflix doesn't blow up).

Anyway- back to Brooklyn and Madison. Brooklyn ever so gently pulled out Madison's toys and handed them to her one by one saying, "WOO, look Ma'ison! Es a TOY!" And then she opened up one of her animal books and sat right next to the very attentive baby. "What es this, Ma'ison? Es a giraffe! What about th-is, Ma'ison? Es a tiger.." Madison watched ever so intently at the little person yapping away at her. Then Brooklyn shocked Shannon, my cousin, and I both. AND Madison. She grabbed both of Madison's hands and tried to swing her in a burst of "Ring 'da'round da' Rosie.. uh pot of uh huh O-Zi, ashies, ashies, all fall down!" Luckily I was sitting close enough to catch hold of Madison and stand her up while this went on so that I didn't get banned from Shannon's house forever. If ONLY I had my camera. Madison was squealing in delight/confusion and Brooklyn is the most GRACEFUL fall downer I've ever seen. She would put her hands down, sit on her bum, look behind her as she eased onto her back, then kick her legs up in the air as a finishing touch. And they played it about 10 times. Then Brooklyn held Madison's hands and Brooklyn said, "Ma'ison! Want Dun Dun Bidges??!" And then, with the help of ME, did London Bridges Falling Down. Then both of the girls started swiping their eyes and yawning and Brooklyn announced that she wanted to go Bye Bye.

Of course SHE napped all the way home while I yawned and day dreamed about taking a nap when I got home. I got her out of the car and layed down beside her SO thrilled to get some shut eye after the exhausting night I had. BUT less than fifteen minutes passed before Brooklyn sat up in the bed and told me she was hungry and ready to get UP. AND I kissed my nap goodbye promising to return to it if there was any humanity left in the world. (there ISn'T!)

But! there is HOPE left in the world.. no not for my sleep... but for my CAR... Starling put my Honda up for sale on Craig's List (he had to get the transmission replaced before he could sale it) and it sold within the hour. Woo HOO! AND we are SUPPOSED to drive MY car, (the Altima one I got for my birthday and couldn't get a tag for bc MS is incompetent in some law about tags and wouldn't let me get one with my South Carolina title), to NORTH Carolina (long story bc South Carolina has ghetto rules TOO) to get some RE-done title that MS WILL accept. Can I get a WHOOP WHOOOP?! Thank you. I hope all of you say that out loud with much enthusiasm. While sitting in your desk at work. In a very quiet moment. And I hope someone gets it on video.

No comments:

Post a Comment