Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mind. Lost.

Ok. It is now WEDNESDAY. Guess where I am. You know what? I'm not the DMV of ANY state so I won't MAKE you guess. I'll tell you AND I won't change my mind by the end of the blog. I am STILL in North Carolina and I am about half an inch from having a full blown, put me in a straight jacket, lock me up in a padded room, nervous breakdown.

Basically, the DMV people told us wrong information on Friday. Then Monday. Then Tuesday. Then said we had to have the inspection done by their HWY patrol man. So we called the Hwy Patrol man and he said he couldn't get to us because he was booked. And he couldn't do it Wednesday because he had training. WELL, Starling's cousin Johnny is friend with the inspector's boss. So Johnny told his friend what was going on and the friend said, "What training? He's full of it." So the inspector's boss called up the inspector and called him out on his little fib and then told him to get over and inspect our car. WELL you can IMAGINE the JOY that dude had about coming to us. He was an absolute JERK and RUDE and made Starling give him ALL of our paper work, not just the documents he needed. Well he took ALL of our paper work WITHOUT asking and made copies of it all and then PLOTTED against us, I guess out of SPITE for getting caught in his lie. When we called today to see if he filled out the inspection form, because our car is perfect in its condition and should have passed with flying colors, he had opened a CASE against US! He is threatening to prosecute us because Starling signed something saying he never bought the car (so that the dealership could cancel the title to us and sell it to his North Carolina resident cousin) and a bunch of other junk.

If that man could only HEAR the thoughts going through my mind right now directed at him... well its good he can't and I really should not dwell on those thoughts... (the evil man is a child of God... a child of God). Honestly, I would like to SHOVE the paper work down that man's throat and when he starts choking on it... I want to WACK him over the head with our rightful TAG. But I don't know how an orange jump suit would look with my pasty complection and baby bump. I'd be willing to find out for a month or so, though... if I could guarantee that's all the time I'd have to serve. SURELY the jury would side with me and think to themselves... "that sweet girl... she should have run him over with that pretty little white car she bought..."

SO. I don't know Starling's game plan. I know we're leaving here... what choice do we have? MY plan is as follows: PUT A BIG OLE FOR SALE sign in the car window and buy myself something else. I'm about to have two car seats anyway. I don't need a nice car. I've had it parked in my driveway looking at it long enough to realize I just need to DRIVE a vehicle to and from places. I'm ready to embrace... the... mini-van...(uh.. that's hard to say out loud...). I'll have a Mom-mobile... and I already cut my hair off to have the Mommy-hairdo. All I need is my cape (a nice flowery APRON) and a weapon of choice (probably a spatula... my fingers are fearful of knives) and I'll be all set and completely turned over to being a mom.

Thank goodness we've had Johnny and Margarite to be so hospitable and welcoming through all of this. They've fed us and given us a place to stay and given us great conversation. Brooklyn is so in love with Margarite its unreal. The child is normally attached to me like a witches wart, but yesterday when I told her it was time to go bye bye, she said, "No! Want to stay with Martin" (which is what she calls Margarite). I said, "Ok.. give me bye hugs and kisses" thinking she would freak out and change her mind. NOPE. She ran to me, hugged and kissed my face and said, "Bye BYE!" and went back to the rocking chair where Margarite was sitting and hopped back up with her. I walked to the door and Brooklyn waved bye! I was in shock. The only people she has EVER wanted to STAY with over me has been my mom and dad. I'm glad that Brooklyn has had fun. She made neclaces with Margarite, they put puzzels together, played trains, learned colors... and ultimately has NO idea that her mom and dad are almost bald from pulling out their hair and the few hairs left are gray.

I'm going to pack the car for the FOURTH time (and hopefully this time we'll make it OUT of the DRIVEWAY)...

WHO wants a shiny 2006 white Altima!?? Its for sale! If you ask nicely I'll sale it to you for a STEAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment