Friday, February 18, 2011

Birthday Fun!

Boston's Birthday
Brooklyn and I got to go to Kamper Park playground today in the BEAUTIFUL weather for Boston's birthday party. Her little friend turned THREE! He is one of her best buds and treats her so sweet. To our surprise the ZOO was closed as well as the "choo-choo" train... All the kids were disappointed, but not for long. They had a great time on the slides and swings. When the party was all wrapped up and everyone was leaving, I said, "Alrighty Brooklyn. You ready to go?" She shook her head and said, "No. No thank you." So, I sat on a bench and watched her play thinking she would get tired of playing by herself and notice I wasn't by her side. NOPE. She found other friends. And she had WAY too many things to climb to notice a party pooper mom sitting down. She played for 3 and a half HOURS and STILL she didn't want to leave. She climbed the huge dome that is essentially monkey bars. And did she get scared? NOPE. She climbed all the way to the top which is over my head. I couldn't believe that munchkin!
Finally, I was TOO hot, TOO sweaty, and TOO tired to let her keep going. I said, "Aren't you THIRSTY?" That got her attention. "Want a Du-RINK??" she exclaimed. I told her we had to go in the car to get it. She didn't want to stop playing, but she was too thirsty to put up a fight. When we opened the car it was a SAUNA!! I buckled Brooklyn in despight the fact her carseat felt like a bonfire and she was very disturbed by the temperature. Then I noticed that my arms were aflame. Seriously. I got SUN BURNED in FEBRUARY. It was 10 degrees last week and this week its 100. I guess we went from frigid winter to blazing summer. Mississippi is DEFINITELY a woman state. OBVIOUSLY hormonal with hot and cold flashes. But I am NOT complaining! I love the warm air and the sunshine. And mostly I LOVE my sweet Brooklyn!! (who is thrilled to be able to play outside again)!

1 comment:

  1. i love it, you're such a good story teller. a quality that i'd love to have. brook brook is cute as ever and i'm so glad you're getting into the blogging world! yay!

    ReplyDelete