Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I love how I learn something new and profound every day. Some days its as simple as learning one shouldn't go to the gym and traumatize her leg muscles the day before she goes to the New Orleans Zoo where she will be walking a random marathon WHILE hauling a 20 pound infant/ and or two year old. Some times its merely learning to forgo mascara and eyeliner if one is going to watch a movie called "Courageous" about Daddies and dehydrate from loss of fluid through the eye ducts. Yesterday it was to examine the canned goods in the pantry and throw out cans that were bought at some random salvage food store that expired in 2007. TODAY its only 9:45 in the a.m. and I'm already learning.

#1- Its done got COLD at 6:00! #2 I can't make Brighton laugh while nursing. We BOTH nearly drowned in milk when he unlatched to grin. #3 I'm currently reading the "Help." NOOooo, I haven't watched the movie yet and I'm NOT watching it until I'm ALL done with the BOOK. I borrowed it from the library. I'm on chapter 17. (still half a book to go). I've renewed the book 3 times already. I hope noone is waiting on my to finish it ANY time soon. I only give myself the luxury of reading while I'm working out, sitting at a red light, or waiting in the car while Starling shops. Since I haven't been in the same vehicle with Starling except to go to church in like- FOREVER, and I usually GAS IT when the light turns yellow, I haven't gotten much reading done. AND I slacked up on going to the gym because I've peaked. I'm not getting ANY stronger, my muscles aren't getting ANY bigger, and my stomache isn't getting ANY smaller. SOOO the ONLY motivation I have to go to the gym? TO READ. And so I suddenly enjoy the tread mill because its 20 minutes of uninterupted reading. VERSUS one minute 30 second reading spurts.

WHERE was I GOING with this story... OH YES! THINGS I learned today! I learned how to get rid of a cold from Aibleen, a character in the book. Honey, warm water, and a bit of lemon. AND the character Minnie is giving a "brainless" woman cooking lessons. LOVING those! I may be able to cook real greenbeans. SINCE Minnie has to REPEAT herself ten times and the woman she is teaching asks the "most dense" questions- questions "I" thought were pretty good ones. I sure didn't know the answers.

AND some great NEWS!!- GOT MY CAR TITLE IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY!!! WOO HOO!! IT's been a YEAR!! I did have a mild heart palpitation when Starling put on the tag. I asked, "WHY DOES IT SAY 2010!?" Because of course the DMV gave us an out dated tag. But Starling said, "Wendi. The 10 stands for the month." PHEW! Close one! And here is what I learned... NOTHING Can put a damper on me GETTING a TAG!!! NOT even finding out I have a suspended license!

No comments:

Post a Comment