Sunday, November 6, 2011

Brighton 5- 6 Months

Brighton,
You are SIX days away from being SIX months OLD!! I'm NOT even believing how humongous you are and how quickly you've reached your whopping 19+ pounds! (yeh- i just weighed you naked. 19.2). You are BEYOND perfect. Each little roll is so painstakingly lush and delicious. You have Asian eyes that completely disappear when you grin. (LIKE tiny little RAINBOWS). I guess every Mommy thinks they have the perfect baby, and I'm no exception.

You light up like the SUN at NOON every time I look at you. It makes me feel all special and warm and cozy inside. (Even though you light up when ANYONE looks at you- NOT just me- EVEN when CHARKLEY looks at you. Even when you see a stuffed animal that you THINK is looking at you). You are getting more and more handsome everyday. And you are ALSO getting more and more personality. Even though you are content pretty much always, you still voice your demands. FOR EXAMPLE: You LOVE sitting up. BUT that isn't good enough anymore. You want to GO. So if you see a toy and you can't reach it leaning as far forward as you can go while still sitting on your bum, you scream at the toy giving it ONE last chance to come to you. If it isn't in your hands within that second, you HEAVE yourself forward onto your FACE while moving your legs out from under you and crawl like a SEAL... sort of FLOP your body forward until you GET where you want to be. Its HILARIOUS! Daddy sat you on the bed. I was on the other side of the bed and you saw me. I can ALWAYS tell when your hungry because you start giggling hysterically and hyperventilating. You flopped onto your back, rolled onto your stomach, and started yelling and squealing as you tried to go forward to get to me. We laughed and laughed because you couldn't get any traction. Your feet would slide out from under you and you'd fall on your face and get SOOO agitated. Finally Daddy put his arm behind your feet so you could kick off. And don't worry. You got me back for making you wait to eat. You ferociously grabbed me with BOTH hands and nearly yanked off my milk supplier dragging it into your mouth.

You are SOOOO strong! Daddy can be a worry wart. (Even though that is MOSTLY MY JOB). He has told me probably SEVEN times in the last ten days that he's scared you are going to suffocate because you sleep with a blanket pulled up to your face. I just laughed at him. I told him that you are VERY particular about what goes over your face and you were QUITE capable of removing anything that was unwelcomed. He said, "What about a pillow?" A king size pillow is awfully big and heavy for a five month old... or so one might THINK. BUT- I've watched you sling a pillow off the bed with your arms so I showed your daddy. I threw a king size pillow on your head. You lifted it with your arms above your head and peaked out and giggled. Daddy added more weight to the pillow. You SLUNG it off giggling. I feel like I am raising Bam Bam. Especially when I dress you. I put your boots on yesterday and you lowered your LEG down on MY leg and I seriously thought you cracked my bone. And, like Brooklyn, you lOVE to kick. So... while you are YANKING me around while I'm nursing you, you are Kick Boxing my stomach. So I ALWAYS have sore abs but NOT because I worked them out... they are BRUISED.

You bit my finger today and there are TEETH in that mouth of yours. You bottom teeth have cut through the skin. I'm happy for you... I know you've been in some pain trying to teeth, but I'm not HAPPY about the "situation" one bit. Brooklyn didn't get teeth until almost a year old and that was GOOD for breastfeeding. I don't know how teeth are going to go over with my chest. You already eat like a starved LION coming into contact with raw meat. I just hope your TOP teeth take their sweet time coming in. I may have to FORCE you to drink your milkshakes from a bottle!

You are a total giggle box. I don't care if I'm having a mood swing from DOWN UNDER... when you get to giggling, I can NOT HELP myself. I get so tickled at your little laugh that I end up cackling along with you which ONLY fuels you to laugh harder. At any given time during the day, a fly on the wall might see a wheezing woman doubled over on the floor with tears shooting out her eyes with a two year old giggling like a music box bouncing on the sprawled out woman while a Brighton is swaying in front of them giggling so hard he's falling over. Your Daddy has come home to this comedy act quite a many of times. You are such a light in our home. Brooklyn will be whining and fussing and she'll start her bouncing that proceeds all tantrums. You think it is HIlARIOUS when she bounces. So there I am about to bash my head through the stove top because Brooklyn is TWO and ACTING TWO (and I have the patience of a grenade) and out of the blue- here you go cackling. I can't for the LIFE of me keep a straight face and neither can Brooklyn. You are only 5 months old and you are like the little Peace Maker already.

AND, like eating straight CREAM isn't doing it for you, you chew on EVERYTHING you can get your hands on including your FEET. I can NEVER keep socks on your feet and I'll search and search for the LOST socks. Where do I find them? Under your head. SOAKING wet from DROOL. AND I don't feed you baby food or anything yet... you are totally ready and the doctor TOLD me I can give you food now, but #1 I'm just so dang lazy and... oh. There's really only a #1. So we went to Chic Filet and I'd already nursed you and we were eating. Well... you were getting bored in that high chair and trying to grab at my chicken. So I handed you a big chunk to chew on. You greedily bit down on your treasure and your face contorted up like I'd just given you WAR HEAD Candy. Then you had a little seizure thingy. Your eyes started watering. THEN you stuck that chicken in your mouth and took another go at it. You didn't get any better about liking it... but that never stopped you from gnawing it. You gummed that thing until it was a slobbery pile of goo. And you don't much care for lemonade, either.

You are an angel and I could not have DESIGNED a more perfect baby for our family. I love Love LOOOOVE you!! I hope you stay this happy forEVER!! I'll do my darn-dest to keep from screwing up in the parenting department. (But I really can't make any promises. HOPE you are RESILIENT!!) Here are some pics of you and your lovely sista taken this week.






No comments:

Post a Comment